Principle #2. The level of self-esteem depends on the awareness of your self-worth and confidence in yourself. Awareness of self-worth - it's just a joyous feeling over the fact that you are you, that you have your body, your soul, your mind, etc. Trust and confidence in yourself mean having unshakable faith in one’s ability to be responsible for what happens to you in this unpredictable world.
Principle #3. No one’s opinion or judgment should ever be as important for your personal growth and development as your own. The most important talks, presentations, performances that will occur in your life – are also performances with and to yourself.
Principle #4. Remember: your personal viewpoint is more critical of your appearance than anyone else. Try to recognize the merits in your appearance, try to like yourself. If you are not yet able to do that, you should practice doing so.
Principle #5. You can be your own best friend or your own worst enemy! Understand once and for all – you are the only one who holds the keys to your happiness!
Statements of personal re-affirmation can be a useful thing!
Below are 10 statements that increase the self-esteem and can be used in everyday life as well as in business. They will help strengthen your confidence and learn to trust yourself.
1. I am the master of my thoughts, emotions and actions – and I direct them to strengthen my health, my relationships with people, and my efforts to improve my life.
2. I am a good and decent person.
3. I am able to fully attain the goals and objectives that I set for myself today.
4. I trust my abilities and my judgment despite life’s trials and tribulations, so I take full responsibility for the consequences of my decisions and actions.
5. I am responsible for my values.
6. I learn from my mistakes and problems – because encountering them leads me to discover more opportunities for personal growth.
7. My soul, mind and body are one powerful entity, leading me to success.
8. I am my own best friend and coach – able to provide inspiration and emotional support whenever necessary.
9. Each day enriches me with new knowledge, and I become more and more curious, caring, mentally flexible, dedicated and successful.
10. Regardless what is happening in my life, I choose to be happy.